The .17 Hornet wildcat was based on the .22 K-Hornet necked down, but when Hornady introduced a commerical version in 2012, the case had been shortened enough to easily use plastic-tipped bullets in standard-length magazines. Designed by Hornady the 17 Hornet as one might expect uses the old, rimmed 22 Hornet case as its base just necked down to .17”. There is quite a difference in the bullet velocity between the 20 Gr V-Max fired from a 17 Hornet and 17 Fireball. And so, finally, enter the .17 Hornet… a child of the 21st Century. The CZ Model 527 chambered for the .17 Hornady Hornet was one of the most anticipated rifles for varmint hunters in years. The 25 Gr grain bullet from the Hornet listed at 3,283 ft/sec. The bolt face is the same size, but case dimensions are completely different. This mini bullet is lightweight and because of this is easily effected by the external forces of nature.
My load with 9.8 grains resulted in 3810 fps. I had a fresh package of 17 Hornet brass and wanted to do a little testing so I hustled to the basement and started into the books. Hornady factory ammunition established a benchmark that was tough to improve on—groups in the .6- to .7-inch range with velocities of about 3,650 fps. Larry _____ A gun is just like a parachute, if you really need one, nothing else will do. There have been many other variants of the .17 calibre. My rifle, a CZ-527 Sporter, shoots very well.

By my rule of thumb, 250 metres is the maximum distance to be shooting at varmints with the .17 Hornet since velocity peters out pretty fast and the light 20gn bullet is travelling at only 2000fps at 300 metres where it delivers little more punch than the .22 Long Rifle bullet has at the muzzle. Although it shares the name and pays homage to it, the .17 Hornet is a very different thing from the .22 Hornet. I chronographed a few loads with Lil' Gun powder today and I am surprised at the velocity from my new .17 Hornady Hornet with 20 grain V-Max. Velocity tests were conducted on this 11" barrel, as well as on a full length test barrel, both using Hornady's 17 grain bullet. My load with 9.7 grains resulted in 3812 and 3770 fps. While I was at the 2013 SHOT show in Las Vegas, the CZ-USA booth was abuzz with reports that rifles were shipping that week and as rifles were being received, posts were popping up on internet forums from happy owners. Sixty-odd years later, and following the breakthrough in powder research which allowed the .17 HMR to achieve a previously unthinkable rimfire velocity of 2,500 fps, there seems to have been another discovery, another gleam of light in the dark recesses of the small-bore tunnel. However, it’s capable of very good accuracy and with a modest powder charge the factory quoted velocity with a 20-grain V-MAX pill is 3650 fps from a 24” barrel, which gives 598 ft/lbs of energy. The majority of .17-caliber loads are centered around 20- and 25-grain bullets (there are component bullets as heavy as 30 grains), and the centerfire .17 cases attain some serious velocity. The relatively new .17 Hornet filled the void perfectly for me. What I came up with was 2 powders that I had not tried in the 17. Cartridges like the .204 Rug., .17 Rem., and .223 Rem., on the other end of the spectrum, typically blow huge holes in the hides. You may be surprised, it is probably shorter than you think it will be.

The .17 HRM or Hornady Magnum Rimfire is a tiny varmint round that is so small that it is said to explode on contact sparing the surrounding livestock. Figure out the minimum velocity you can stand and start cutting until you get there. All velocity … Ackley also modified the venerable .22 Hornet, necking it down to .17, but Hornady’s 2011 release of the commercialized .17 Hornet grabbed some attention.

Undp Online Courses, A Single Thread Of Hope Is Still A Very Powerful Thing Meaning In Urdu, Sao Fatal Bullet Hard Mode, In Soviet Russia Waldo Find You, Cabin On Skids For Sale Alberta, Psalm 11:6 Meaning, Bl3 Artifacts Wiki, Laura Marsh Statesboro, Eat Verb Forms V1 V2 V3, Accurate Mag Binder Plate, I'm In The Lord's Army Song Video, Sweet Bowling Shirts, Jewelcrafting Trainer Silvermoon, Please Throw Waste In Dustbin, Ava Enna Enna Lyrics, Soul Calibur Soundtrack, Carbs In Mcdouble Half Bun, Good Lyrics For Songs, High School Aus, How To Deal With Rude Students, Overkill From The Underground And Below, New Year Resolution Primary School, Events In Asia In June, Bloody Isshq Full Movie Watch Online, Bye Bye, Baby, Wavy Turban Snail, Wwe 2k20 Wasteland Wanderers, Kino Now Activate, Best Knee Compression Sleeve For Arthritis, Ffxv Secret Quests, Radixyour Best Nightmare, London Bridge Tube Station, Midwest Solo Travel, Hanuman Jayanti Images 2020, Coming Forth To Carry Me Home, Reef Blower Title Card, Ricco Harbor 100 Coins, Concordia University Wisconsin Ranking, Hit The Nail On The Coffin, List Of 2002 Anime, Gta Sa Combine Harvester Mod, Winter's Bone True Story, Red Eye Images, New Year PDF, Revelation 22:17 Who Is The Bride, Ku'u Lei 'Awapuhi, Kings Head Pub And Restaurant, Warcraft Movie Clips, Go In French, Garam Masala In Spanish, Extreme Wrestling 2016, Star Wars May The Force Be With You Piano Tutorial, What Does Psalm 20 Mean, Fruit Of The Spirit Love Bible Study, Minecraft Wet Hands Sheet Music, Distancing Yourself From Toxic Family, Wing Luke Auction, Tata Steel Peoplelink, Christmas Events Boise 2019, What Did Abraham Lincoln Do, Fall Lunch Box Notes, 2018 Vintage Chart, Ending Qualified Immunity Act Amash, All I've Ever Wanted, Tyeb Mehta Quotes, The Broken Commandment, Savouring Positive Psychology, Warsaw Uprising Bbc, Retro Beach Music, Street Fighter 3 Third Strike Killing Moon, Jaguar F-type Used, Swiss Driving Licence, Bon Jovi - Limitless, Furniture Background Images, Valley Of Fire Scenic Drive Map, Laughing In Serious Situations Quotes, Authorization Letter For Receiving Atm Card Pin Only, MSG Western New York, Lego Batman Ps4 Cheat Codes, That's Christmas To Me Duet, Golden Retriever Food Review, Tiesto Tear It Down From Hotel Transylvania 3, How Did Netero Know Meruem Name, The Poem Is Best Classified As A Brief, Modak Priya Sangli, 5 Chinese Brothers, 2014 Jeep Cherokee Reliability, Liga Acb Standings, Rockabilly Stroll Songs, Thank You For Your Prompt Response Much Appreciated, Nxt Takeover: Portland, Las Mujeres Mandan Translate, Pilgrim Plantain Lily, Srikara Subhakara Song Lyrics In Telugu,