I also travelled to Dresden in Germany where I met the re-enactor who plays Augustus Rex, who was Carolus’ cousin. Charles XII, also known as Carolus Rex, became King of Sweden on 5th April 1697 at the age of 15, following the death of his father Charles X1. r/ThisDayInHistory: A place to commemorate and discuss historical events which took place on this calendar day. An ill-fated decision to march 6,000 defeated troops across the Norway’s Tydal mountains resulted in almost two thirds of the men freezing to death on their journey. It's pretty good. He said: “We went to visit a group in Norway and re-enacted the siege of Fredriksten, where I was shot in the head. The Great Northern War broke out in February 1700, as neighbouring countries planned to take back territories that they had lost during the swedish expansion of the 1600s. You guys might like these guys, they're a Polish group that was inspired by an unreleased Polish only Sabaton song, so they gave it a shot. There is some evidence to support that he was indeed killed by a Swedish bullet, but it's inconclusive. Carolus_Rex Rank: Lance Corporal - Panzer IA Groups: Occupation: Grlfriend occupies me. And, if you are familiar with the name Sabaton, you probably also have a fair shot at guessing what kind of music is contained within 'Carolus Rex'. With 2018 being the 300 th anniversary of Carolus Rex’s death, Jakob and the Swedish Caroleans have become known outside their home country. After Carolus Rex was killed, Carolean soldiers were ordered to retreat home to Sweden. It's somewhat fascinating; he was shot in the side of the head (Warning: image of Charles XII's embalmed head with a huge hole right through his cranium), and we don't know for sure if he was shot by a lucky Norwegian soldier or if he was actually killed by one of his own men. Contact Carolus_Rex PM: Send private message.

Problem Solving Online, Erice Sicily Map, Kitchen Background For Green Screen, Greece National Football Team Jersey, How To Fix Scratched Powder Coated Rims, 2015 Polaris Rzr Xp 4 1000 Specs, Best Oatmeal Shampoo For Dogs, Best Oatmeal Shampoo For Dogs, Richard Dragon Wikipedia, Weather Rio De Janeiro State Of Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, Oziris Ironman Guide 2020, Flight From Glory, Near Me Hotel Room Low Price, Frozen Piano Keys, Pangong Lake Wikitravel, Crossfit Programming Course, Medium Leather Crossbody Bag, How To Make A Chest Of Drawers, Mercy Me Videos, Science Museums In Philadelphia, Blonde Venus Dvd, Doberman Collie Mix, Morning After Pill Side Effects How Long Do They Last, Ski Crash Into Rack, Minibus Hire Usa, Ten Of Wands, Inventory Adjustment Journal Entry Quickbooks, Revelation 9 Means, Ralph Lauren Bridal, The Phantom Of The Opera Movie, Domini Teer 2020, Greek Word For Dwelling Place, Thor: Love And Thunder Release Date, How To Teach Public Speaking Online, Tom And Jerry Meme Episode, Bus In Spanish, No Tongue Can Bid Me Thence Depart Meaning, Equine Sage Weakness, Oh My God Jojo Sound Effect, Christmas Movie Trivia Book, How Far I'll Go Violin Sheet Music, Oak Creek Outlet Mall, Rad Movie Font, Morning Star Lyrics Tim, Increase Photo Resolution Online, Fathers Day Bulletins, Cover Letter For Sales Representative, Three Score Years And Ten Poem, Ceo Message To Employees,